Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Cox Classic Begins Tomorrow!


I know that we're in the dead time before football season gets here, but there's an event this weekend that I have really grown to like and take advantage of over the last couple years right here in our back yard. It's the Cox Classic at Champions Run.


I've always liked golf, but it's never been a sport that I took seriously, but a couple years ago, I went out to play around with a couple friends and we needed a fourth so my wife came along. She's never played golf in her life and wasn't a fan of the sport. But, she did ok for her first time and she got the golf bug. She wanted to go play almost every weekend which is good for me, because it gets me on the course more now.


The summer when we first started playing seriously, we went to the Cox Classic and had a great time. The first day we were there we sat in a box on the 18th green and had some drinks and food and watched as the golfers came through. The next day we talked with a group for 9 holes and saw how a pro would approach a hole and got a chance to see what they're looking at before they make a shot. Ever since then, we've gone back every year and do the same thing.


This year won't be any different. We'll go watch pro golfers play great and also get frustrated with their game (the exact same way that I get - I love the game one hole and hate the game very next hole). We'll see what they see and learn something just by watching them.


Plus, there's always the 19th hole!

No comments:

Post a Comment