Friday, May 15, 2009

Playoff Basketball


I'm one of the passive followers of the NBA. It's not appointment television where I have to be home at a certain time because there's a game on. I'm a fan of the Knicks. I loved the 90's and hated Michael Jordan and the Bulls for dominating the Eastern Conference. Like everyone else, I've drifted away from the NBA and will only watch it if I happen to cross it when I'm changing channels.


However, there is something about playoff basketball that I love. It's a little meaner, a little more chippy, players play a little harder and get hit a little harder when they drive the lane. Like I said, I'm a Knicks fan and I loved Charles Oakley, Anthony Mason and Grandma-ma. That's why I love watching playoff basketball now. I like seeing Ron Artest getting in the face of Kobe. I love seeing teams like Houston and Orlando busting their balls just so they can do it all again on Sunday.


There is something about playoff basketball that makes me like the NBA again.

No comments:

Post a Comment