Friday, May 29, 2009

It's Not A Sport!!


I was turning the channel last night and I happened to flip to the 2009 Scripps Howard Spelling Bee on prime time TV. I have no problem with that. The two problems that I do have is that it is being aired during the day on ESPN. What? Also, when you push the info button on the cable box to find out the info . . . . it says that it's a SPORT. WHAT?!? A sport? I have a lot of respect for these kids and don't want to take away anything that they have accomplished. They are smart kids and have studied their butts off to get where they're at. They are A LOT smarter than I am. But, do not call this a sport. It is educational broadcasting. Do you know where this show belongs? TLC, Discovery Channel, PBS . . . not ESPN. Bowling is more of a sport than the spelling bee.
How many people do you know that watch ESPN can spell 'laodicean' or even know what it means? Exactly.

No comments:

Post a Comment